The emotions of envy hinge on the habit of maximizing the returns in every area of life. Habitual maximisers always have a creeping anxiety about missing something. If you don’t stop at a near-satisfactory solution, it may take you an eternity to reach the smallest conclusion or perform the smallest act.
Lalchand, a new investor decides to pay a visit to the Mecca of Indian stock market – The Dalal Street. As he approaches the BSE building, a big bright glow sign board catches his attention.
“Guaranteed Multibagger Stock Ideas. Free!” The dancing lights around the letters were hypnotic.
His eyes immediately started searching for all too familiar star mark which usually punctuates such claims and leads you to conditions-apply disclaimer. Unable to find it, he gives in to the temptation and enters the building. An attractive receptionist greets Lalchand. She walks him into a spacious office.
- Spotlight: Big ideas from Value Investing and why applying them in your investment decision making will be a great deal
- InvestorInsights: Interviews with experienced value investors, learners, and deep thinkers
- StockTalk: Thorough analysis of business models of companies (without any recommendations)
- Behaviouronomics: Deep analysis of human behaviour and how it impacts investment decision making
- BookWorm: Reviews of the best books on Value Investing and related subjects
- Free Course – Financial Statement Analysis for Smart People (otherwise priced at Rs 5,900)
- Archives: Instant access to our huge archive from the past three years