Financial freedom shows you the dream of living a boss-free life. Unfortunately, hoping the money to de-slave you is a dangerous strategy. Money merely changes who you are a slave to. Earlier it was the boss; later it’s money itself. Slavery persists. Just the ownership of the slave changes.
9th January 2018 was the last day at my office. I quit my software job to spend more time pursuing the work that I love, i.e., reading, writing, and building my personal projects. I received calls from a handful of friends when I broke the news. Most of them congratulated me and some showed concerns too about my seemingly hasty decision.
However, one of them asked me a sincere question – “Are you financially free to justify this bold decision?”
It’s hard to discuss money without bringing up the topic of financial freedom, isn’t it? Unfortunately, the idea of financial freedom, like the concept of God, has been abused so much especially in last 10-15 years that it has lost its meaning.
- Spotlight: Big ideas from Value Investing and why applying them in your investment decision making will be a great deal
- InvestorInsights: Interviews with experienced value investors, learners, and deep thinkers
- StockTalk: Thorough analysis of business models of companies (without any recommendations)
- Behaviouronomics: Deep analysis of human behaviour and how it impacts investment decision making
- BookWorm: Reviews of the best books on Value Investing and related subjects
- Free Course – Financial Statement Analysis for Smart People (otherwise priced at Rs 5,900)
- Archives: Instant access to our huge archive from the past three years