This is the concluding part of the series I started at the beginning of this year.
As I compile my final thoughts on making 2020 a life-changing year, I realize that the recent events (coronavirus pandemic) have already made this year a life-changing one for almost everybody in the world.
Lifting my gaze a bit, the view from my 13th-floor window isn’t much different from what it was a few weeks ago. The sky is the same, albeit a little more clear. The tall apartments and artificial lights coming through the windows — look all the same. But for the people living inside, life has already taken an uncertain turn and the world isn’t going to be the same a few months down the line. By the time the iron grip is loosened, Covid-19 may have already left an indelible mark.
I was speaking to an ex-colleague who works as a director in the IT department of an airline company.
“We’ve already been slapped with a 60 percent pay cut,” he said.
- Spotlight: Big ideas from Value Investing and why applying them in your investment decision making will be a great deal
- InvestorInsights: Interviews with experienced value investors, learners, and deep thinkers
- StockTalk: Thorough analysis of business models of companies (without any recommendations)
- Behaviouronomics: Deep analysis of human behaviour and how it impacts investment decision making
- BookWorm: Reviews of the best books on Value Investing and related subjects
- Free Course – Financial Statement Analysis for Smart People (otherwise priced at Rs 5,900)
- Archives: Instant access to our huge archive from the past three years