When you give yourself permission to steal from the great artists, it takes away the huge burden of the need to be original. And that relief itself, ironically, makes space for original ideas.
Investing, they say, is more of an art than science. And, art by definition, stands on the shoulders of creativity. Where there’s art, there’s creativity. So, any insights that can inject some creativity into one’s life and work, including investing, are worth paying attention.
Austin Kleon’s book – Steal Like An Artist– is an illustrated guide that gently touches the various aspects of how creativity takes shape. It’s a manifesto for writers, artists, entrepreneurs, designers, photographers, musicians, and anyone attempting to make things, especially in the digital age.
- Spotlight: Big ideas from Value Investing and why applying them in your investment decision making will be a great deal
- InvestorInsights: Interviews with experienced value investors, learners, and deep thinkers
- StockTalk: Thorough analysis of business models of companies (without any recommendations)
- Behaviouronomics: Deep analysis of human behaviour and how it impacts investment decision making
- BookWorm: Reviews of the best books on Value Investing and related subjects
- Free Course – Financial Statement Analysis for Smart People (otherwise priced at Rs 5,900)
- Archives: Instant access to our huge archive from the past three years