The VIA veterans, i.e., the long time readers of Value Investing Almanack newsletter would perhaps be surprised to see the name of this book because we had already covered it in Nov 2016 issue.
So why am I writing about it again? Because Deep Work is such an important book that it needs to be read and reread.
Nassim Taleb, one of my all time favourite author, writes —
A good book gets better at the second reading, a great book at the third. Any book not worth rereading isn’t worth reading.
Plagiarising Taleb’s words, I say any work worth doing is worth doing deeply. And a book about deep work is worth reading deeply, isn’t it?
So if you haven’t read this book, I am going to hard sell it to you and make a strong case why you need to read, reread, and implement its ideas in your work.
- Spotlight: Big ideas from Value Investing and why applying them in your investment decision making will be a great deal
- InvestorInsights: Interviews with experienced value investors, learners, and deep thinkers
- StockTalk: Thorough analysis of business models of companies (without any recommendations)
- Behaviouronomics: Deep analysis of human behaviour and how it impacts investment decision making
- BookWorm: Reviews of the best books on Value Investing and related subjects
- Free Course – Financial Statement Analysis for Smart People (otherwise priced at Rs 5,900)
- Archives: Instant access to our huge archive from the past three years