When Phillips bought Sonicare, manufacturer of the very popular Sonicare toothbrush, Phillips decided to redesign and reengineer the product, though there was no compelling need to do so. This is not an uncommon phenomenon in the business world, and so there’s even a name for it.
Not invented here (NIH) syndrome.
Benefits to VIA Members
- Spotlight: Big ideas from Value Investing and why applying them in your investment decision making will be a great deal
- InvestorInsights: Interviews with experienced value investors, learners, and deep thinkers
- StockTalk: Thorough analysis of business models of companies (without any recommendations)
- Behaviouronomics: Deep analysis of human behaviour and how it impacts investment decision making
- BookWorm: Reviews of the best books on Value Investing and related subjects
- Free Course – Financial Statement Analysis for Smart People (otherwise priced at Rs 5,900)
- Archives: Instant access to our huge archive from the past three years