The moment a sperm enters the human egg, the doors are slammed shut. Our brain is like a human egg. As soon as an idea impregnates the human mind, it closes its doors for other ideas. The first explanation that comes to mind makes us blind towards other more plausible possibilities. Unfortunately, in our complex world, the first conclusions are almost always deceiving.
Recently, I was accused of being unethical and a liar.
Here’s the backstory. On a Friday before the new year eve, at 9 PM, a gentleman knocked on my door. He claimed that my car had hit his car in the common parking area. To show courtesy to a fellow resident, let’s name him Mr. M, I agreed to cooperate and find out more about the incident.
“Did it happen in front of your eyes?” I asked him.
- Spotlight: Big ideas from Value Investing and why applying them in your investment decision making will be a great deal
- InvestorInsights: Interviews with experienced value investors, learners, and deep thinkers
- StockTalk: Thorough analysis of business models of companies (without any recommendations)
- Behaviouronomics: Deep analysis of human behaviour and how it impacts investment decision making
- BookWorm: Reviews of the best books on Value Investing and related subjects
- Free Course – Financial Statement Analysis for Smart People (otherwise priced at Rs 5,900)
- Archives: Instant access to our huge archive from the past three years