Naresh is a Bachelor of Engineering and a Certified Risk Manager. He has a global consulting experience in Investment Banking, Risk Management, Trading, and Compliance. He also has Consulting experience in global Capital Markets. Prior to starting off as a full-time investor in 2014, Naresh headed the Global Risk and Compliance Consulting unit at the Indian IT major, TCS.
Safal Niveshak (SN): Naresh, could you tell us a little about your background and journey, how you got into value investing?
Naresh Katariya (NK): While I qualified as an engineer, I realized early that my interest was in equity markets. I was working in the broking industry for a few years. But my primary interest in equities arose while I travelled globally and worked on consulting projects for stock exchanges, depositories and investment banks. My fifteen years in TCS, in fact, provided me the perfect platform to observe how capital markets worked across the globe. I used to be filled with amazement working at exchanges/depositories in New York, Zurich, Singapore, Frankfurt, London etc. I was an equity investor in Indian markets throughout this period, building capital as well as honing my investment skills. In 2014, encouraged by a very smart investor from Hyderabad (who was my client during my broking days and now a family friend), I took the plunge into full-time value investing.
- Spotlight: Big ideas from Value Investing and why applying them in your investment decision making will be a great deal
- InvestorInsights: Interviews with experienced value investors, learners, and deep thinkers
- StockTalk: Thorough analysis of business models of companies (without any recommendations)
- Behaviouronomics: Deep analysis of human behaviour and how it impacts investment decision making
- BookWorm: Reviews of the best books on Value Investing and related subjects
- Free Course – Financial Statement Analysis for Smart People (otherwise priced at Rs 5,900)
- Archives: Instant access to our huge archive from the past three years