Gaurav Jalan, an enterprising and inspiring young value investor shares his invaluable insights and experiences in sensible, long-term investing.
Gaurav has 14 years of experience in management consulting and investment management. He manages investment portfolios for high net worth individuals and companies as Chief Investment Officer at Avant Garde Wealth Management. Previously, he was an Investment Analyst at Fidelity International in Mumbai and also worked as a Senior Associate Consultant at Bain & Co., New York. Gaurav completed his MBA from Columbia Business School, New York in 2006 and his B.A. in Economics and Computer Science from Amherst College, Massachusetts in 2001.
In his interview with Safal Niveshak, Gaurav shares his wide investment experience and how small investors can practice sensible investment decision making.
Safal Niveshak (SN): Could you tell us a little about your background, how you got interested in value investing?
- Spotlight: Big ideas from Value Investing and why applying them in your investment decision making will be a great deal
- InvestorInsights: Interviews with experienced value investors, learners, and deep thinkers
- StockTalk: Thorough analysis of business models of companies (without any recommendations)
- Behaviouronomics: Deep analysis of human behaviour and how it impacts investment decision making
- BookWorm: Reviews of the best books on Value Investing and related subjects
- Free Course – Financial Statement Analysis for Smart People (otherwise priced at Rs 5,900)
- Archives: Instant access to our huge archive from the past three years