Ayaz Motiwala is the founder of Amala Emerging Asia Fund which is focused on investing in quality businesses primarily in India, Indonesia, Thailand and Hong Kong. He has been investing professionally for 20 years of which the last nine years have been out of Hong Kong.
Prior to the current role, Ayaz worked at Samena Capital, a special situations fund based in Hong Kong. He has worked for four years independently managing the India and South Asia investment portfolio of Highbridge Asia Opportunities Fund in Hong Kong. He has also worked in other funds/ security houses viz. New Vernon Capital LLC, Birla Sunlife Asset Management, Motilal Oswal Securities and Ask Raymond James. Ayaz is an MBA in finance from Institute for Technology and Management, Mumbai and Bachelor of Commerce from Mumbai University.
Safal Niveshak (SN): Could you tell us a little about your background, how you got interested in investing, how have you evolved as an investor and what’s your broad investment philosophy? Has your investment policy changed much through the years as your capital has grown?
- Spotlight: Big ideas from Value Investing and why applying them in your investment decision making will be a great deal
- InvestorInsights: Interviews with experienced value investors, learners, and deep thinkers
- StockTalk: Thorough analysis of business models of companies (without any recommendations)
- Behaviouronomics: Deep analysis of human behaviour and how it impacts investment decision making
- BookWorm: Reviews of the best books on Value Investing and related subjects
- Free Course – Financial Statement Analysis for Smart People (otherwise priced at Rs 5,900)
- Archives: Instant access to our huge archive from the past three years