Priyank is a BE in Electronics and Communication Engineering and has worked in the IT industry in India and the US. He is currently the Vice President, Research at 5Y where he has been managing family funds since 2009. He has a total investment experience of 17 years and has done exceptionally well, with his 10-year audited return until June 2018 at 34% CAGR, as against 13% for NSE-Nifty.
The core of his investment style is long term, typically 5 years and more, and simplicity. He worked with Prof. Sanjay Bakshi at Tactica Capital Management from 2012 to 2013. He lives in Bhavnagar, Gujarat. Very rarely, when he feels he has something important to write, he blogs here. In this interview, Priyank shares his thoughts on investing, his process, and the key lessons he has learned over more than a decade of being an investor.
- Spotlight: Big ideas from Value Investing and why applying them in your investment decision making will be a great deal
- InvestorInsights: Interviews with experienced value investors, learners, and deep thinkers
- StockTalk: Thorough analysis of business models of companies (without any recommendations)
- Behaviouronomics: Deep analysis of human behaviour and how it impacts investment decision making
- BookWorm: Reviews of the best books on Value Investing and related subjects
- Free Course – Financial Statement Analysis for Smart People (otherwise priced at Rs 5,900)
- Archives: Instant access to our huge archive from the past three years