As an eventful 2018 winds to a close, it’s a good time to reflect on the investment principles/lessons that turbulent markets this year have once again reminded us of. Towards this, we picked the brains of a few experienced investors on these two questions –
- With respect to your own investing experience, what was the biggest lesson you drew out from or learned in 2018?
- Which is the best book you read in 2018, and why?
Let’s read out their replies below.
Benefits to VIA Members
- Spotlight: Big ideas from Value Investing and why applying them in your investment decision making will be a great deal
- InvestorInsights: Interviews with experienced value investors, learners, and deep thinkers
- StockTalk: Thorough analysis of business models of companies (without any recommendations)
- Behaviouronomics: Deep analysis of human behaviour and how it impacts investment decision making
- BookWorm: Reviews of the best books on Value Investing and related subjects
- Free Course – Financial Statement Analysis for Smart People (otherwise priced at Rs 5,900)
- Archives: Instant access to our huge archive from the past three years