How much weightage would you give to the advice dispensed by an entrepreneur who is known to have successfully built a multi-million dollar business?
If you understand the role of skill and luck in the field of human endeavours, you’d question me back, “First tell me, if that entrepreneur was successful because of his skills or was it just luck?”
Fair enough. So here’s another piece of information for you. That entrepreneur has built multiple successful businesses so the odds are high that his success is the result of his knowledge, skill, and experience than pure luck. So tell me, would you take his advice seriously?
At this point, you might be a little suspicious of the way I am framing my questions. I know you’re suspecting that I want to make you say yes and then reveal the reasons why you’re wrong.
- Spotlight: Big ideas from Value Investing and why applying them in your investment decision making will be a great deal
- InvestorInsights: Interviews with experienced value investors, learners, and deep thinkers
- StockTalk: Thorough analysis of business models of companies (without any recommendations)
- Behaviouronomics: Deep analysis of human behaviour and how it impacts investment decision making
- BookWorm: Reviews of the best books on Value Investing and related subjects
- Free Course – Financial Statement Analysis for Smart People (otherwise priced at Rs 5,900)
- Archives: Instant access to our huge archive from the past three years