Most of us invest in the first place is to attain financial freedom so that we do not have to worry about money. But most of us become slaves of the short term stock price movements. And that creates stress. And stress is bad, very bad.
9:20 AM – Log into trading account/portfolio tracker. Check today’s gains/losses. Close window.
10:00 AM – Log into trading account/portfolio tracker. Check today’s gains/losses. Close window.
3:00 PM – Log into trading account/portfolio tracker. Check today’s gains/losses. Close window.
3:15 PM – Attempt to start a project at work. Fail. Open window. Log into trading account/portfolio tracker. Check today’s gains/losses. Close window.
3:16 PM – See last 15 minutes and extrapolate…
Sound familiar? Is this what you do? Are you constantly checking your stock trading account or online portfolio tracker minute after minute, day after day, wasting your time and probably killing your peace and returns? Well, since you are a subscriber to Value Investing Almanack, there’s a great probability that this situation does not sound familiar. 🙂
But in case you have been an investor in stocks over the past 10-15 years, and have seen occasional periods of great volatility, there’s a great probability that you have been through such situations when you repeatedly and stressfully checked your stock account to see how down you were on a given day, or month.
- Spotlight: Big ideas from Value Investing and why applying them in your investment decision making will be a great deal
- InvestorInsights: Interviews with experienced value investors, learners, and deep thinkers
- StockTalk: Thorough analysis of business models of companies (without any recommendations)
- Behaviouronomics: Deep analysis of human behaviour and how it impacts investment decision making
- BookWorm: Reviews of the best books on Value Investing and related subjects
- Free Course – Financial Statement Analysis for Smart People (otherwise priced at Rs 5,900)
- Archives: Instant access to our huge archive from the past three years