In investing, working hard hardly works. What works is thinking hard. Reading without adequate thinking turns a human mind into a storage device. A rather expensive storage device.
Two police officers were stuck in traffic. They were on a routine patrol, and not much was going on that morning. The older cop was driving. As they waited at the traffic signal for the lights to turn green, the younger officer glanced at the fancy new BMW in front of them. The BMW driver took a long drag on his cigarette and flicked the ashes onto the upholstery.
“What a careless guy!” mumbled the older cop. “Who ashes his new car?”
- Spotlight: Big ideas from Value Investing and why applying them in your investment decision making will be a great deal
- InvestorInsights: Interviews with experienced value investors, learners, and deep thinkers
- StockTalk: Thorough analysis of business models of companies (without any recommendations)
- Behaviouronomics: Deep analysis of human behaviour and how it impacts investment decision making
- BookWorm: Reviews of the best books on Value Investing and related subjects
- Free Course – Financial Statement Analysis for Smart People (otherwise priced at Rs 5,900)
- Archives: Instant access to our huge archive from the past three years