Warren Buffett (see the above picture, where he is teaching a class) often says that the best investment you can make is in yourself. The more you learn, the more you earn.
Now, it’s easy to assume that learning ends when you’re in your early twenties. You finish college, and go into the “real world” of work. No more term papers, no more exams. A lot of people hardly ever pick up a book again – except perhaps to read on vacation.
Some people never give learning much thought. They pick up bits and pieces in an unstructured way, learning just enough to get through the job at hand.
But it’s important to understand that to accomplish great things in life, you have to keep learning. Investing is no different.
It doesn’t matter how smart you are or how knowledgeable you are as an investor. You can always learn more. To assume you’ve learned everything in investing is to stagnate, and stagnation does not bring success.
If you were to interview the most successful investors in the world today, there is a common denominator: they say they are always learning.
In fact, the simple reason investing legends like Charlie Munger and Warren Buffett are so wise and smart decision-makers is because they have never stopped learning. Instead, they have let the power of compounding work in their learning as well. And as Munger says –
Neither Warren nor I is smart enough to make the decisions with no time to think. We make actual decisions very rapidly, but that’s because we’ve spent so much time preparing ourselves by quietly sitting and reading and thinking.
When it comes to learning, the biggest question a lot of people ask me is – “Where do I start and what should I read?”
I am always ready with my list of books worth reading again and again. But the next question is – “Who has the time to read so many books?”
Well, this is a genuine problem as most of us are busy in our work and family lives. So reading through a lot of investing books – even the best ones – and other resources to get through the best ideas is quite a task.
And then all those insights and good ideas come with associated noise. How do you know which book is relevant to you, which is not. How do you separate the wheat from the chaff? It’s such hard work.
Right? Well, not anymore!
Value Investing Almanack (VIA) does that job well for you.
Value Investing Almanack (VIA) brings to you the best and biggest ideas in value investing, human behavior, and business analysis, which you must grab to become smarter in your investment decision making.
It is a premium newsletter, where we cover the following topics –
- Spotlight: Big ideas from Value Investing and why applying them in your investment decision making will be a great deal
- Behaviouronomics: Deep analysis of human behaviour and how it impacts investment decision making
- BookWorm: Reviews of the best books on Value Investing and related subjects
- InvestorInsights: Interviews with experienced and upcoming value investors
- StockTalk: Thorough analysis of businesses of listed Indian companies (without any stock recommendations)
- Super Thinkers: Lessons from the best investors and thinkers the world has seen
- Plus a lot more!
In short, there’s a great amount of learning packed in just one newsletter. And this is not all!
When you join VIA for a 12-months subscription, you also get instant access to everything we’ve written since February 2015, which covers 400+ exclusive posts, including 55+ interviews with successful value investors and money managers, 55+ analyses of listed Indian companies, 60+ book reviews, 60+ posts on human behavior, 60+ posts on value investing and decision making, and much more.
Overall, that’s more than ONE MILLION words of exclusive content backed by years of reading, learning, and real-life investing and decision making experience! This is apart from all the new posts over your 12-months subscription period.
And if that not all, your subscription to VIA also gets you…
Your subscription to VIA also gets you free access to our premium online course in financial statement analysis – Financial Statement Analysis for Smart People – which is otherwise priced at Rs 5,900/-. This course is designed to help people gain a deep understanding of how to read financial statements, and in a very simplified manner.
By taking up this course that comes free along with VIA subscription…
- You will not only learn how to look at each number in the three financial statements – Balance Sheet, Income Statement, and Cash Flow Statement – but will also learn what numbers to look at deeply and which ones to avoid.
- You will learn how the three financial statements are inter-connected and how you can assess a company’s true financial health by studying the inter-connections.
- You will learn how to calculate the most important ratios to be able to separate the visibly good numbers from the actual ones.
- You will learn how to read an annual report, especially the key sections that will give you a lot of ideas on what the company has done in the past, and where it is headed in the future.
- Very importantly, you will learn how companies commit financial frauds – known as ‘shenanigans’ – and how you can identify them so as to reduce the number of mistakes you make by buying bad businesses.
Mental Models, Investing, and You is a 430+ page e-book where we have compiled 50 mental models arranged by fields of study. It covers ideas from the various disciplines including psychology, economics, business, mathematics, engineering, physics, social science, literature, statistics and decision making. This book is priced at Rs 499/-, but you receive it FREE as part of your VIA subscription.
Two Wise Men: Stories for Children Inspired from the Wit and Wisdom of Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger contains 40 stories for children inspired from the wit and wisdom of Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger, stories that would pass on the lessons of life, career, relationship, money, and behaviour from these two wise men. This book is priced at Rs 450/-, but you receive it FREE as part of your VIA subscription.
Here is what a few existing subscribers of VIA have to say about their experience –
Now, if you are interested to reinvent how you invest, click below to become a VIA member right away.
Just to sum up, here are all the benefits you can achieve when you subscribe to VIA –
- Premium Content: 12-months subscription to all premium posts on the VIA platform, containing value investor interviews, analyses of listed Indian companies, book reviews, learnings from super investors and thinkers, thoughts on key ideas in value investing and human behaviour, and much more;
- Premium Course – Financial Statement Analysis for Smart People (otherwise priced at Rs 5,900)
- Premium E-Book: Mental Models, Investing, and You (otherwise priced at Rs 499)
- Premium E-Book: Two Wise Men (otherwise priced at Rs 450)
- Archives: Instant access to our huge archive since February 2015, which covers 400+ exclusive posts, including 55+ interviews with successful value investors and money managers, 55+ analyses of listed Indian companies, 60+ book reviews, 60+ posts on human behavior, 60+ posts on value investing and decision making, and much more.
Imagine the amount of time you’ll save reading the VIA instead of searching for the best ideas and thoughts on investing from hundreds of books, websites, and other resources.
Now, if you are interested to get on a supercharged journey of learning about value investing, business analysis and human behaviour, click below to join VIA right away.
The knowledge you’ll get here will be your great asset. It wouldn’t be stolen or confiscated. It would set your mind free. And that’s what true independence that you deserve is all about.
I hope to see you as a member!